Sunday, September 29, 2013

Jai Thai - wallet friendly authentic Thai cuisine

So I met zhu yesterday to collect the Laneige mask that I 'ordered' and she gave me so many noms from Korea! I on diet leh! Lol. Just kidding. Thanks babe. <3<3<3

We had lunch at this thai place that she wanted to try - Jai Thai, or Jai Siam. It claims to be wallet friendly and looking at the menu, the dishes does seem to be quite affordable. Everything looked so good we couldn't decide what to order lol. 

In the end we both got the individual sets - me olive rice and she pineapple. 


The olive rice pales in comparison to my own. The veggies, fried fish, and mango salad were nice, but normal. But the green curry! It's so super duper yummy!! Fragrant, creamy, not too spicy. What else can I say? Please please please order the green curry when you're there!

Zhu says the pineapple rice and pandan chicken is nice. I think her set is more worth it since there's more meat. Both sets cost only $8.80 each! ^^

We also ordered a veggie omelet to share. There's something special about this omelet that sets it apart from the rest. I think there seems to be a home-cooked taste about it. A little expensive at $5 but very nice!


The individual sets came with drinks and dessert. We upgraded the drinks to the Thai ice milk tea (+$1.50) which was also simple and nice! The dessert, on the other hand, was....very homely. Lol.


Definitely gonna drop by again. I want to try their tomyum soup! And green curry again! And everything else! XD

Then met SSD and headed off to vivocity. Walked around aimlessly. Dropped by the handphone shops to check out our next phones. Can't decide between note 3 or z ultra. Boo.

Dinner was at Breeks. Menu was a little disappointing though. Ice latte and mushroom soup for starters, brownie with vanilla ice cream for dessert. Soup and brownie would have been nice hot. =\


SSD's seafood marinara ($15.90). Pasta portion was HUGE.


My baked dory with mushroom cream sauce ($14.90). Fish was a little salty, but I love the mushroom sauce!


Fun and enjoyable eating day. Back to dieting.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...