Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Hong Kong Day 5 - Golden Computer, Australian Dairy Co. & home sweet home

Sorry for the hiatus. Almost forgot I haven't blogged the last day yet. =X

And so, day 5 starts with breakfast! Back at the nearby cha chan teng for macaroni. I really miss breakfasts like this. *sad*


After that we rushed off the the nearest Koi Kei to get some souvenirs. Like I said, please get them in Macau if you go there. They are MUCH CHEAPER there! Left with 2 huge bags of goodies which set us back by HKD 761. That's a freaking $125! I didn't buy a lot since they were so expensive and we just realized they have a branch in Chinatown here. -_-

Rushed back to hotel to pack since we had to checkout by 12pm. Left our stuff at the reception and off we went again. Took the MTR to Sham Shui Po Station and within walking distance is SSD's paradise - Golden Computer Arcade

It's like our Sim Lim Square, with 2 levels of electronic shops. We went up and down quite a lot of times, finding stuff and comparing prices. And I was pretty surprised at the how cheap some a lot of the items were. Probably even cheaper than the pasar malams outside. But I guess most of them come from China, so I was pretty skeptical of their quality. Ironically, I still bought more stuff than SSD here. LOL.

When SSD was finally done, we made our way to the famous Australian Dairy Company, a 5-minute walk from Jordan Station. There was a short queue, but I guess table for 2 was easier to get so we only had to wait for a little while. 

Ordered a tea-time set to share and 2 steamed eggs. I still prefer the steamed egg white with milk (white bowl) over the steamed egg with almond (yellow bowl). Much nicer. And unfortunately, goondu me forgot about their scrambled eggs, which are supposedly labeled as 'legendary'. So we got normal fried eggs. T_T


Personally, as much as I like their egg puddings, I really didn't like the noisy, cramped and fast-paced environment. And definitely not the table-sharing. How to eat in peace?! :(

Oh wells. It was back to the hotel to collect our staff and head to the airport. Took the free airport shuttle and express again.

Last meal in Hong Kong.


And home sweet home. Sad for the holiday to end but happy to see my girl again. 

So, where to next? :P

~ * ~

day 1 | day 2 | day 3 | day 4 | day 5
Psst! Do subscribe to my blog or follow me on Imotiv for updates!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...